We have started using Turmeric with CBD because it increases the bioavailability of CBD making it more effective and more easily absorbed by the body.
Turmeric is a plant that has nearly 4000 years of medicinal use. Western natural medicine practitioners often recommend taking golden paste for its traditionally held health benefits (along with some early research); specifically, golden paste is purported to have anti-inflammatory effects due to the active ingredient curcumin, a polyphenolic phytochemical.
The two substances together make a magical combination of incredible healing strength.
Dosage for People
Take baby spoonful (~ 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon) and chase it with water…all done! It’s one very popular way if you don’t like the taste (over quickly, no fuss or bother) and my favorite to spread it out through the day. It's bBest to take smaller quantities 3-4 times per day.
Benefits of Turmeric (for people and pets)
- Natural detox
- Natural antibacterial
- Promotes heart and liver health
- Reduces blood clots that can lead to strokes and heart attacks by thinning the blood*
- Promotes digestive health
- Acts as an antioxidant AND it’s believed to be able to prevent cancer**
- Offers allergy relief
- Helps to prevent cataracts
- Has been used in the treatment of epilepsy
- Natural pain relief
- Natural treatment for diarrhea
Dosage for Dogs
- Start by adding 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of golden paste to each meal
- Every 5-7 days, increase the dosage a small amount
- Once you notice pain relief, increased mobility, or a decrease in tumor size (yeah, I read this could happen and I’m blown away) – you’ve found your maintenance dosage
- For our healthy dogs, I stick with the lower dosage of 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon per meal, because more gives them diarrhea